NEW PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT
Our procedures in relation to the lodgement and receipt of the following applications have changed in line with Government advice regarding COVID-19:
- Development Applications (DA)
- Complying Development Certificates (CDC)
- Construction Certificates (CC)
These are the steps you should follow:
- Contact one of our Development Team on 1300 676 243 to discuss your application and to obtain a fee quote.
- Download a form HERE alternatively visit the NSW Planning Portal to lodge your DAor CDC online (see instructions below).
- Complete the form, making sure you have all the required documentation identified in the checklist. This is very important, because if the application is incomplete it will be returned.
- Submit your application by email to email@example.com
- You will receive an invoice from Council.
- Make your payment by direct debit (details provided on invoice).
If you do not have access to technology, hard copy Development Application forms can be obtained from the Darlington Point and Jerilderie Offices. You must telephone our Manager, Planning and Development, Kelly Tyson to make an appointment on 0447 066 181. This service is only available from 9.00 am – 12.00 pm by prior appointment.
The completed applications can be handed into the Darlington Point and Jerilderie Offices if needed, however they must have the required information and plans.
We apologise for any inconvenience, but we are striving to maintain these services during the COVID-19 pandemic, while at the same time keeping our staff and the community safe.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Online Lodgment - NSW Planning Portal
Murrumbidgee Council is now receiving online Applications for Development via the NSW Planning Portal.
To lodge a DA or CDC via the portal you will need to:
- Register for a NSW Planning Portal account to start your application.
- Log in to complete the online application form.
- For DA’s you will need to submit a Statement of Environmental Effects, owner's consent, cost estimate report and council’s applications checklist.
- For CDC’s you will need to submit a certificate of title, site plan, design plans, structural plans and building specifications and applications checklist
- Once we receive your application, Council will contact you to arrange payment of fees, once fees are paid your application can be receipted.
YOUR GUIDE TO THE DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION PROCESS
The Development Application process can sometimes be confusing and overwhelming. Council recommends that you arrange a meeting to talk to Council's staff about how you go about lodging an application and obtaining an approval for development. If this isn’t possible then there is the option to have a telephone discussion.
The Department of Planning and Environment has developed a guide which provides useful information. The guide is called "Your guide to the Development Application process - Small housing Development".
It explains the development assessment and construction approved processes to assist you in preparing and lodging 'assessment ready' development applications (DAs).
The first step in preparing a development application is to find out about Council's development controls, policies and guidelines. You will need to know about:
- Darlington Point & Coleambally Development Control Plan
- Jerilderie Development Control Plan
- Relevant State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPP)
- Murrumbidgee Council Section 7.12 Plan
- Relevant site development controls and zoning of the property you wish to develop
- Design principles, guidelines and policies
For more information about Planning or a copy of Darlington Point & Coleambally's Development Control Plan or Jerilderie's Development Control Plan please contact one of Council's Environmental Services staff members.
The Council's Environmental Services section are a team of committed professionals with extensive expertise in building regulations and construction, planning and heritage advice.
Whether you're planning your dream home, proposing to develop a site, add to a business or subdivide your land, staff at Council can advise you at every stage of your project from design to completion.
They can answer most procedural and fee enquiries over the phone, or over the counter if you call in personally. They will then refer you to the appropriate professional officers who can provide detailed advice regarding your development, building regulations and other matters that you will need to consider when preparing your development application.
If you have made any political donations and will be lodging an application with Council, it is recommended you visit the following website to gain more information. http://www.elections.nsw.gov.au/fd
For every property transaction you make, you need to think about tax implications. To help you to determine property related GST obligations, refer to the Property page on on the Australian Taxation Office website.
Tips to complete the Development Application Form
Obtain all necessary plans and other design drawing requirements.
Ensure your Development Application is lodged with the correct information:
- Lot & DP number
- Builders name & address & licence No.
- Estimated cost of development
- Statement of Environmental Effects if necessary
- Attach Fees based on cost of development (contact Council to determine the fee).
To determine if your proposed building project will be a Development Application or a Complying Development Application refer to the applicable Development Control Plan for your location or speak to one of Councils planning officers.
Opening a cafe, small bar or restuarant
Murrumbidgee Council, in partnership with Service NSW, is making it easy to do business, with streamlined forms and one phone number to help you fast track the approval process when opening a café, small bar or restaurant.
Through one online portal you will receive step-by-step guidance and support across local, state and federal government requirements, whether you wish to open, grow or finalise your business within Murrumbidgee Counci. Learn more about Easy to do Business here: https://mybusiness.service.nsw.gov.au/how-to-open-or-grow-a-cafe